Sunday, July 27, 2008
Every couple of days, I'm taking new entries and adding your name on the sidebar as a participant along with a link to your blog if you have one. Be sure to let me know if your link doesn't work correctly. Then, you won't hear anything else until I send out partner matches in mid-August.
Thanks for playing!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Flirty Apron Swap III, Fall 2008 – What I Wish I Did Over Summer Vacation
Last Day to Sign Up: August 15, 2008
Last Day to Mail Packages: September 15, 2008
I adore Back to School, so I've taken the typical first essay assignment and switched it up just a smidge. The theme for this swap is “Fantasy Vacation” and everyone should receive their aprons by the time summer memories are just starting to fade. You will make an adult size apron with YOUR PARTNER's fantasy vacation theme for your known pal and your unknown pal will make one for you.
You will send your partner:
1. Handmade apron that represents where you partner would love to go or wants to do on their fantasy summer vacation. Please embellish generously and make this extra special. For example, if she wants to go to Hawaii, you could use Hawaiian print fabric or fabric that has pineapples on it or create an apron with a hula skirt bottom or a lei neckline. Alternatively, if her dream would be to go hot air ballooning, use fabric with balloons printed on it, create balloon-shaped or appliqued pockets or you could even make your entire apron shaped like a hot air balloon!
If sewing isn't your forte but you really want to participate, please purchase a handmade apron from one of the talented people at Etsy.com.
2. Send an appropriate souvenir from this dream vacation. Using the above examples, you might sent chocolate-covered macadamia nuts and a beach towel, or some hot air balloon playing cards and a helium balloon. Please spend between $5 and $10 for this part of your package.
3. Handwritten note on why you chose the apron you made, and what you imagine this fantasy vacation to be like.
4. And last, please include a recipe that goes with the package theme. If you want to go all out, you could find a cookbook that fits your theme, but a recipe is all I'm asking for.
ENJOY! and Bon Voyage!
Last Day to Sign Up: August 15, 2008
Last Day to Mail Packages: September 15, 2008Swapping Rules:
By signing up for the Flirty Apron Swap, you agree to the following:
1. To reply to my assignment email within 48 hours, acknowledging receipt of your partner and letting me know you’re still playing.
2. To remain anonymous; if you need to ask your partner a question, send a message through me or use a secret email account that does not have your real name attached (test it first).
3. To joyfully create an apron that you would love to receive, washed and pressed so it’s wonderfully fresh for your partner.
4. To mail your package no later than September 15 using USPS Delivery Confirmation or other tracking, and to email me at email@example.com with the tracking number so I know you’ve met your mailing commitment.
5. To email me when you have received your package, and to copy me on your thank you email to your unknown partner who worked so hard on your apron.
6. To have fun! All participants will be invited to author on the Flirty Apron Swap blog and will be able to post pictures of aprons-in-progress, comments and giveaways. The more the merrier! Since this is a secret partner swap, you post as many photos and details as you want!!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Thank you Cathy! My new stars 'n stripes and dots are as cute as can be! The combination of fabrics are perfect. (I flipped up a corner so that y'all may view the lining.) And, I love the way the neck strap adjusts to fit by pulling on the apron strings. Makes it fit real nice. Is that your design, or did you use a commercial pattern?
Thank you Shawnee for all of your hard work and a fun swap!!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
Swappers - THANK YOU so much for participating in this year's Celebrating Independence swap. I am so sorry for the few swappers who didn't receive their aprons in time to enjoy them today. That makes me so sad, and I won't be able to let your delinquent partners play next time unless there was a life-or-death reason for being three weeks late.
Next Time - I want everyone to enjoy a fun-filled and stress-free summer. My sign-ups for the Fall Flirty Apron Swap will start in two weeks but will remain open for one month ... hopefully everyone's vacations will give you enough of a break that you can pop in to sign up. Here's a little hint of the next swap theme ... details will be posted on the 15th! Feel free to post your guesses on the theme. If you're exactly right, you'll be entered in a drawing for a pair of my one-of-a-kind Flirty-Not-Dirty Gloves!
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Thank you Shawnee for a great swap and a wonderful, widely-travelled apron!
PS - To my other swap partner Donna P. - thank you for your kind email! I had trouble with my reply email getting bounced and asked Shawnee to pass on my message to you ... hope you got it in the end!
Here's the apron I ended up sending to Juddie, imperfections and all (although my daughter sure looks cute). It was made with love! ~Shawnee
**BELATED UPDATE!** Finally, here are some pictures of me wearing this lovely apron on the evening of its arrival. I'm sorry I didn't look very elegant on that day - as you can see, we were renovating our house and I was wearing the apron over several layers of clothing as we had no heating (in an early-winter cold snap). But I love the apron ... it makes me feel as though I'm in a 1950s TV show as I flit around the kitchen!