I got 2 table runner tops DONE on Tuesday. I went to sewing time at church (an unofficial little group of women sew on Tuesdays, and another kind woman from church offered to babysit my 3 boys, and another little girl in the Nursery). I decided to do a disappearing 9-patch style runner. I cut out enough squares to make 3 9-patch blocks, sewed one of the blocks, then finished the rest at home (sewing the other 2 blocks, cutting up all three blocks, then piecing them back together to make two table runners with 6 blocks each I decided to keep one for myself of course). Now I just need to find some backing fabric, sandwich it with flannel in the middle (I don't like when runners are really quilted and poofy, just my personal preference), then bind it all...so I guess technically I have just done the beginning.
Here's just one piece of the runner. Click on my post to see more pictures. Ignore the aqua curtain---it has nothing to do with Autumn.
I like the way the tops turned out, and I really hope that my swap partner enjoys hers.