I WISH I was going to have one of these for MY summer vacation! Here's a sampling of the kind of vacation you might make an apron for - ENJOY:
- One vacation that I have always wanted to do is drive a 55 Chevy convertible along Route 66.
- I would love to vacation in fairyland. Amongst the flowers and ride the snails.
- I have always wanted to visit the UK. The women there seem so posh and hip with the way they dress and the shoes they wear. Anything british is neat to me!
- france....to flea markets and open air markets...and of course the eiffel tower...I love the whole country french look....
- I would love to see the rain forests of south america. The lush landscape, beautiful flowers and wildlife.
- I have a love affair with the ocean, so my absolute dream vacation would be located somewhere sunny, where the water was a clear blue, where there was a hammock hanging under a shady tree but still over the water, and i had a stack of amazing books! I would also get to eat amazing food, spend romantic nights with my husband in a hut that overlooked the water (perhaps it is one of those huts that is on stilts coming out of the water?), and take horseback rides down the beach, and of course i would never get sunburned, and i would have unlimited drinks but never get drunk, and i could swim and play all day and not get wrinkled prune-skin. :)
- I have always dreamed of backpacking through Italy. I love the pictures from the olive groves, the mountains and the sea and all the bright colors. I am Italian (Sicilian to be exact) and I fantasize daily about traveling there. I love the food (I even make my own pasta), the atmosphere, the loudness and the overflowing love from my Italian family
- Outer Space - If we want to get even more "fantasy" about it! And I love all the retro-futuristic style things from the old movies and toys and such.
- My other dream vacation right now is to go to Iceland, from where I'll take a ferry to the Faroe Islands and then on to Norway to explore that country's geography!
- I wish I could have time traveled to Colonial days or Marie Antoinette's time
- New Zealand, Australia, and the South Pacific. Because it takes a lot of time and money to get there from California, I would combine them all and spend at least a month and a half traveling around. I would surf at every opportunity, hike, explore, play with kangaroos, koalas and kiwis, visit my ex-husband in Sydney and eat his amazing food (he's a chef), lay around, and mostly enjoy myself and the surroundings.
- would be to take a new england foliage, fall tour - visiting mass, vermont and new hampshire.
- My family and I are all Disney "nuts." Although we've been to Disneyworld a couple times, it's my fantasy to go back, this time with my grandkids.
- I'd also like to work in a sustainable community, like The Farm, just growing things and planting things and learning midwifery and doing the work of community.
- I'd love to go to stay at the ice hotel that is built in Iceland (I think that is where it is at) sometime - think that looks like such a fun place to visit, but not live there- too cold!
Keep 'em coming! Post our swap on your blog, tell your friends, share with your sewing circles ... the fun starts in less than 6 days!