Monday, August 25, 2008

Vintage Feedsack Apron

I purchased this cute book full of different apron patterns when I joined the swap! My secret partner likes vintage feed sack prints from the 30's and 40's. The fabric with the circles and feathers is a vintage feed sack (given to me by my sister who got it from her husband's grandma, got that?) and the gingham and small dotted print are reproduction fabrics. I'm thinking of using the Cakeland pattern from the book and adding some special trims, like the orange ball fringe and maybe some rick rack.
~Jessica

11 comments:

  1. I love that book- it's one of the few impulse buys that I don't regret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. orange ROCKS...those fabrics are amazing together.....I love that book...have it myself. I made the Fruit Tart and the Loreli so far.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric choices and I was so close to purchasing this book and I may have to run down and get it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that fabric. Your partner is a lucky gal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered this book cant wait to get it..
    I love your fabric choices .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Nice fabric choices, nothing beats that vintage flour sack!
    Gonna have to get me a copy of that book...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds wonderful! I am such a sucker for pom-pom balls, and them being orange just adds to the excellence! =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm making my apron out of that book as well! I love it!!
    Cute fabric too :) Your swap person is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that book!! I am making one out of there now for a Halloween swap and I just got all of the stuff together to start on the Marie Antionette too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, your fabric choices are spot on for that style!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this book, too. Great fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!