Special thanks to Stampington! They have been collecting apron submissions for months now and will have a new publication soon, Apronology. I know everyone will be overjoyed to finally have a magazine directed to this fun accessory!!
Deadline: September 15, 2008 (RECEIVE)
Apron*ology: Aprons with an Attitude
Stampington and Company
Click on the flyer to learn more about the upcoming publication and find out how to submit your artwork.! If you are having trouble reading the text on the full-size versions, right-click on the full-sized image and use the "Save Picture As" option to save it to your computer. Open it in any image viewing software to view it at full-size.
No longer relegated to hanging in the kitchen pantry, today's aprons are meant to be seen.
Apron*ology will be a gallery of delightful photographs and illustrations featuring exciting apron designs with easy to understand techniques and templates that will be fun for the DIY-er to recreate. Apron*ology will also feature ideas on how to re-purpose vintage aprons and how to wear them with just the right attitude and style.
Apron enthusiasts are invited to submit and be a part of of this exciting publication. Here's what we're looking for:
- Aprons of all sizes, styles and shapes with brief instructions on how they are made. (If including a template, submit your apron with template designs unique to your apron.)
- Aprons used in new and innovative ways. Some ideas include using aprons to:
- Hang as window treatments
- Wrap gifts
- Alter and create new wearable or decor items
- Aprons stylishly worn as an enhancing accessory. For example, put one under or over a skirt, skinny jeans or to give that dress just the right panache. (These aprons can be either original or altered designs.)
Submissions due no later than September 15, 2008 to:
22992 Mill Creek, Suite B
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Please read the submission guidelines at http://www.stampington.com/. Brief emails related to editorial content will be accepted by Editor-in-Chief Jenny Doh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails regarding Art Management processes will be accepted by Art Management Coordinator Jennifer Jackson at email@example.com.
View complete set of new publications: http://www.stampington.com/html/postscript_03112008_newpubs.html