Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fun Times With Aprons

Hey other apron swappers! I had a lot of fun making the apron for my swap partner and I really hope she likes it. Since other people have been putting pictures of their creations, I figured this was ok. (If not, please delete me). It is a bit, um, bold, and not exactly "Lucy-ish," but I can totally picture Lucille Ball wearing this in her younger years. Can't you?



She was a pretty sassy lady, right? You have to admit though, it is flirty. Please just tell me I wasn't too wild and crazy for this swap. From the preferences my partner put, I thought she might like this.

P.S. I also had a tough time finding actual Lucy items and even retro housewife stuff (maybe I didn't look hard enough), but I found fun stuff here and there that I believe to be essentials for a housewife. Awesome stuff in my opinion.

11 comments:

  1. I love it and would wear it proudly if it's coming my direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very darling ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable, sassy and flirty all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely wear it if it was mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it !! It is sassy and funky and fun!! put some heals with it and it would be super sexy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, It's perfectly fun and retro

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh its wonderful! Lucy would have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love the pattern, it is totally Lucy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the fabric and pattern....very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I Love Lucy"? No. "Here's Lucy"? Absolutely. Some lucky someone is in for some good times in that apron!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely apron. Someone is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!