Thursday, July 15, 2010

Second Time's the Charm!

Well, I had a hard time with this swap. I was late signing up because I just KNEW I had some M.E. fabric in my (considerable) stash, but I couldn't find it. Just in the nick of time, it jumped out and bit me so I signed up. When I got my partner's preferences, it said she loved all the new CUPCAKE fabrics. Hmmm...well, I tried to ignore that and forge ahead. I got 3/4th of the way done with the M.E. apron and got a case of the "guilts" because it wasn't CUPCAKE fabric! So I started all over, this time with the cupcake fabric she seemed to want! So here it is:
A closeup of the CUPCAKE fabric - I added a tiny sliver of blue at the hem:

I appliqued a 3-D CUPCAKE on the bib. The frosting swirls are made of narrow gathered strips of cotton knit and the sprinkles are bugle beads:
Extras I included:
To wrap it all up, AND to fulfill the M.E. requirement, I made a tote bag of M.E. fabric:


4 comments:

  1. Terrific! The apron is just great!
    Love the tote, too, and the goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--great package and wonderful apron! Lucky partner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazingly darling apron! You can really see all the love and care you put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. I appreciate how you put your partner's wishes above your own plan. What a GREAT swapper! And I love how you added that hint of blue. =)

    S.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!