Monday, May 3, 2010

My apron arrived!

I was thrilled to see that the sender was none other than Shawnee herself. Yes, I am the fortunate one to be on the receiving end of her special wares. Look at all the dotty goodness. Polka dot socks, polka dot oven mitt, dish towel, and pot holder, a shortbread cookie mix (with polka dots on the packaging) and a cute card in a polka dotted envelope. But, of course, the pièce de résistance is the reversible apron she made. One side has brown and aqua colors with loads of embellishments including jumbo ric rac in brown, white ric rac and a striped trim on the pockets. The second side has the cutest fabric with little children cooking! Isn't it adorable? More trim in red on the hem, top and pockets. Look at the great cookbooks she sent me...one for salads (with gorgeous pictures I might add) and a cookbook titled "The Everything Sugar-Free Cookbook." Shawnee, I appreciate your thoughtfulness in getting me books for healthy eating. Can't wait to try out some recipes. I'm so spoiled. Thank you, Shawnee, for the fun swap.
All the goodies laid out.
The brown and aqua side.
The red, brown and aqua side.
A close-up of the fabric.

8 comments:

  1. how cute!!! you where spoiled....I love that apron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that apron!!! Wonder where she got the pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great apron! I have that pattern but haven't made it up yet - I'm thinking I need to do that NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!