Okay, I REALLY, REALLY love Christmas and I adore surprises. Every year, I have come to look forward to a swap present as my special little treat for all my hard work. Swap sisters seem to understand how to give a special gift, just the kind to make you warm inside.
So, here's that swap.
Register by: November 15
Mail between: November 30 and December 7
Your Secret Santa Swap package should be a minimum of $15 in value before postage, and include the following:
At LEAST One Handmade Item
Something to Read (book, magazine, poem)
Something for the Tree (garland, ornament, topper, skirt)
Holiday Goody (candy, cocoa, tea, coffee, chocolate)
Challenge: Include one gift for each letter needed to spell out a word from the season (SNOW, JOY, FAITH, LOVE, HOPE, GIFT, TREE, JESUS, STAR, SANTA, etc). We did this last year and it was SO MUCH FUN! Of course, the perfect gift for an "A" is an APRON.
Then, make this a special box -- gift wrapping, bows, the whole nine yards! Include a note identifying yourself with your email and blog address so your partner can contact you with her grateful thanks.
In a slight twist, I would like you to please copy the following questionnaire and post the answers on your blog for all other participants to see. Include the badge picture with your post.
Shawnee's Secret Santa Swap Questionnaire
- What are your hobbies?
- What are your favorite colors?
- Do you collect anything?
- Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?
- Do you have any pets?
- Coffee, Tea, or Chocolate?
- What do you like to read?
- Do you prefer Cookies or Candies as a sweet?
- What is your favorite holiday treat?
- Describe your favorite holiday tradition.
- Did you believe in Santa as a child?
- When do you open presents?
- Do you put up a tree and when? If not, how do you celebrate?
- Does your tree have a theme?
- What has been your favorite gift to give? to receive?
Sorry - Registrations are Closed
IF YOU ARE WILLING TO BRIGHTEN UP SOMEONE ELSE'S HOLIDAY, let me know. I have a small list of gals who cannot participate that I would like to bless with a package this season. Or, I encourage you to send an extra Secret Santa box to someone you know that needs some cheer this season.