Sunday, June 8, 2008

Flirty Fireworks

Edited: Here's my coworker posing in the Flirty Fireworks. I like the shape of it once it is on.
Here's the apron I've created for my partner. I enjoyed making this pattern so much! I DO wish I had a dressform, because hanging my aprons on my furnace just isn't cutting it.

It's a Simplicity 3752, View A, and just went together so smoothly. I made a second one at the same time in different fabrics and it looks entirely different. I made mine with contrasting neck ties, waist band and waist ties where the pattern called for all one fabric. I just need to finish some matching gloves, tuck in the napkins I've purchased and write about our summer celebrations!!

9 comments:

  1. This is so sparkly!!! I love this patteren. I have a few made out of it.
    Who ever gets this is a lucky gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fireworks! And the pattern looks kinda hot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super fab!!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern and the fabric. The red on the dark blue background pops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...ahhhhh...yet another fine apron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love BOTH aprons! and yes, what a difference chaning fabrics make.

    Stay away from the furnace! Use your ironing board as your temporary dress form (until you get yourself one, you deserve it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not just flirty...sexy! Love this apron!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you posted the new picture of this apron being modeled. It's such a flattering style. I recently bought this pattern and now I know which version I'm making first. Mmm... I've got a cowboy apron swap coming up, this might be just the thing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!