Monday, January 31, 2011

Sweet Lil' Apron

Finished the apron!

I had created a pocket on the front but decided I didn't like it and had to start over. I am glad I did. I think it turned out much better than I expected! I LOVE the lace scalloped trim. So sweet.


It's a refurbished apron, so it started out as a skirt and involved into this apron. I got the idea from Jen Sue. It allowed me to spend more time on the details and have a sturdier, better quality apron! 


I hope my partner enjoys it. I get the vibe she wanted something girlie. I wasn't able to respond to all of her requests (mostly because I'm not the best seamstress) but I'm hoping some of my extra additions and wrapping make up for what might be missing. 

Oh and I made the pot holder!

It really did take no time at all! I did my best to make it match the apron. Next time, I will add the tag before I sew!


There it is! The potholder, apron, and cookie cutter. Now I'm just waiting on those cutie pie cards and a spark of creativity for the vintage tuck-in. Still can't figure out what to do with pretty paper... but it'll come to me!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like you got it all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cute. Thanks for posting the link too. I might be on the lookout for a skirt to make into an apron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!! Good idea to add the tab to the potholder!! I don't think the tutorial had that on their potholder!!!

    I heard through an email That Catherine Shepherd got her apron from me!! She sounded very excited with her package! That made me feel really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the potholder and loved it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute apron and potholder and I like the tab you added! Nice!!! Nice looking package too!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!