Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What I sent my partner Debbie.......

I did email and ask her if she had received her package and she said yes, but it has been a while and she hasnt posted...I put so much work into it that I decided to show what I made...











Remember this bag and handmade fabric card? Well this was what was in it...










I passed on this quilting mystery that I had gotten from a blogger friend. She mentioned that she liked this kind of book so I thought it would be perfect.















She said she liked bright colors and her house was going to be inspired by the colors of mexico so I started with this turquoise and brown necklace and bracelet that I made her...


For an ornament I made her a glittery little bird...I love to make these and they are suprisingly sturdy even though they are made from paper.












For a treat I sent her a peppermint bark bar and I spelled out JOY on a sparkly and colorful banner...















Now if you know me, and some of you may not..I have a few things to say because I speak my mind and I try to do it in a kind way. You know I joined this swap because I am stuck in Utah with no family, no friends, just work people...I am barely getting by. I did a personal swap with a friend and this one. The reason I did it is because it made me feel I was participating in some small way in Christmas. It has been a lonely time. I worked hard on this package and I used what I had and had to scrimp so I could afford the postage...This isnt just a big whine session it is just a fact. My favorite thing is to give and make things for people and very seldom do I expect anything in return...it is Christmas though and I was excited about getting something in the mail to look forward too..As of yet, nothing. I am sure that I have a partner who flaked out and you can bet this persom probably got a package from someone else...If you are not going to follow the rules, please dont swap. It is rude and unkind. Please dont make some one ask you if they got your package, just take a minute to shoot off an email and say thank you...I have never let a swapper down..ever..even when my husband died I followed through and honored what I committed too...
Now that I have said my piece, I just want to thank you Shawnee for hosting this and the table runner swap. (Paula was my partner and Dayna made mine...both were wonderful to swap with.)
Shawnee, I appreciate your work putting these swaps together and I also appreciate being able to participate.......just saying.......

2 comments:

  1. Melinda,

    I agree with you about flakers. What nerve!! How dare someone fails to follow through, yet don't blink an eye about receiving a package and keeping it. I honestly don't know how some people sleep at night.

    Many thanks to Shawnie for doing this swap, after swap. Any many thanks to the swappers who follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know you for a long time girl and the pain you have gone through. We have both suffered deeply and yet never flaked. I hope your package arrives but if it doesn't, I know Shawnee will stop them from swapping again. Personally, I joined one swap a year ago and the people that were flaky were announced on the hostess blog. I don't understand the takers in this world, but hope it is just a postal thing! Hang in there, 2012 will be great!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!