Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ice Cream Cookies, a vintage recipe

This recipe is one of my grandmother's....and it is a family favorite! I used to make them only at Christmas but now I make them more often....they don't last long!



Here is the recipe:


Ice Cream Cookies


(I DOUBLE THIS RECIPE!)

6 tablespoons softened butter
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 beaten egg yolk (important)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
candied cherries (cut in half)


Cream butter and sugar. Then add egg yolk, vanilla and flour. Mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Press one half of a cherry into the center of each cookie.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
You'll get 30 cookies.


here is how they look....




here is how they look when I make them for Halloween...


Enjoy! Val

7 comments:

  1. Val, thanks for posting :)
    These look yummy and I love your finger idea! Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these...can't wait to make them!

    xxx
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like kruche ciasto polskie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you do these cookies for Halloween is just hysterical! It's given me a great early-morning laugh, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gross! Those look so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! I forgot...when I make the 'fingers', I add a couple drops of green food coloring! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!