Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vintage Recipe

Here is my vintage recipe, it comes from a cookbook my mom has had for over 30 some years. It was made for women who already knew how to cook. Some of the recipes in it say things like "bake at moderate temperature"! My recipe is quite simple and has been approved by my aunt who must've had the same cookbook.
Impossible Pie from the New Brunswick Women's Institute
4 eggs
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups milk
1 cup coconut
1 tsp. vanilla
Place all ingredients together in blender until mixed. Pour in greased 10 inch pan (set in dish of water) and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.

As for my apron, I designed my own pattern and it's been more complicated than I thought. It was ready to go on Tuesday and then I saw a small hole in the bias tape I used. So I had to do some repairs. While doing repairs, I made another little mistake but I am hoping that it's not that noticeable! I think I just expect it to be the perfect apron I see in my head and it's hard for anything to measure up to that image. I should have it in the mail tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!