Thursday, September 25, 2008

Alaska Apron Received

My swap partner went above and beyond the call of duty. One of my dream vacations was a cruise to Alaska. Her great-aunt just happens to visit Alaska every year. My wonderful partner, Heather, sent her great-aunt on a mission - for fabric and a souviner. The apron is beautiful (and was sewn with a broken hand). Heather said the fabric reminded her of water and her son of turtles. As soon as I read the turtle remark I had to agree. The fabric is so pretty - and I do like blue. She also sent me a fabulous pair of earrings made by an Alaskan jewelry maker.

My favorite thing has to be the recipe - Moose Meatballs! I laughed very hard when I read it because - I hit a moose. Actually, a bull moose hit my car (he was fine - he got up and ran back into the woods). Ever since then I have been called Mommy the Moose Master (or - as my daughter says Mommy the Moose Masher!). So - Heather N. thank you so much! Beth

3 comments:

  1. Very cute at first I tought they were forget me nots.. the alaska state flower..
    This is a verry fun Alaska apron!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Blog! Hey i think i found a site that you will really like, baraaza.com tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!