Sunday, September 14, 2008

Simple Summer Apron

Here it is:


I don't think I'll give anything away by sharing it. The simplicity is the result of two things. I spent the summer living in an unairconditioned apartment on the fourth floor. Cooking and baking were, therefore, an endeavor requiring stoicism. The oven and stove would just make things so hot! All I wanted was to wear as little as possible. With this in mind, I figured a nice cool feeling linen apron would be just the thing, as my swapmate's ideal vacation was in a warm climate.

The other reason for simplicity was an unfortunate circumstance. I moved three months ago, which did not agree with my sewing machine. I took it to a shop where it was calibrated and cleaned, but now it's acting up again. Having little option but to use the thing I decided to keep straight stitches to a minimum, as that was the stitch causing problems.

The detailing on this apron is quite nice: contrasting thread colors, two pleats for a flattering fit, and a navy grosgrain ribbon saving it from drabness.

Here's the view from the back:

The pattern is my own design.

5 comments:

  1. That is just too sweet! And you are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet and simple.........perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pattern, especially the pleats in front. You made clean and simple a really good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that pattern. The pleats add so much.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!