Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Did You Hear Me Scream?







Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had in a super long time. I ended up having to work late and I wanted to go home b/c I have decorations all over my house that I haven't finished putting up (we adopted a new puppy from the shelter this weekend so my decorating was delayed a bit). So after working 13 hours and driving over 2 hours in horrible Houston traffic, I stopped to get my elderly mom and have her spend the nite. That is always challenging! When I get home I'm wiped out and just about in tears looking at my wrecked house. Then on the counter in the kitchen I spy my package. My mom made pot roast and potatos and carrots (my favorite) and I didn't even eat. I grabbed my package and headed for my chair. For starters I knew it was going to be special because my address was written on big PINK paper on the front of the box. When you see that, you know it's got to be even better from then on out! I knew my partner had read my blog and knew I was a pink girl! Then when I opened it, she had wrapped my tuckins in beautiful pink foil paper. Oh what a treat that was .. so pretty. I could just feel the stress leaving me. Super cute Christmas socks (I love new socks!), Chocolate Mints (I love those too in the fridge!), holiday napkins which I need since I'm having 4 Christmas parties at my house in the next two weeks! And then last and the best .. my special wrapped package .. all snug away in beautiful pink tissue. I saved it to open last .. I always do! On the pink tissue was a gorgeous snowflake .. rustic looking which I hung immediately on my side of the tree so I could enjoy it. I love rustic things since I live in the country. Then I opened my apron and screamed! OMG .. it was the one I was admiring the most on the blog. My mom jumped, my dog jumped and my husband said "what the heck?" lol ... I was up and had it on! You can see from the pic I had my jammies on and it even matched them. I loved it when I saw it on the blog. I love the ruffles, the tie is the kind I like (long and wide) and it's sparkley and glittery (I love bling) and has snowmen .. which I adore! I was so happy. I totally forgot what a rough day I had. I wore it till I went to bed. My mom said "that's too darn pretty to even use!" She's right. Cynthia, you did a wonderful job. You are a very good seamstress. I loved how it was startched and ironed and just breathtaking. Thank you .. thank you ... thank you. You made me one happy lady! I LOVE IT!!

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those little boxes with your name on!!!
    That apron pattern is one of my absolute favorites - I use it so often.
    What a fun package - and all wrapped in pink ... definately the cherry on the top:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day is better now...packages make everything better. Yay for inspired swappers who send at just the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness. I am dealing with a new puppy too! We have puppy pads all over the house. Sweet package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cynthia, I am glad you chose to make that apron in BLUE!! It is just wonderful! I just bet there isn't anything you can't do!

    Hope you have a fabulous Joyous Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, you just made my day!!! I'm so glad you liked your package. :) I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking a picture of you wearing the apron. I've never had anyone do that before, and it just makes me smile to see you enjoying it. I'm so glad the package arrived on a day when you needed a pick-me-up! :) Woo hoo! I love apron swaps.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome Apronistas -- I appreciate your lovely comments!!